Exercises for face sculpting
Mukha Abhyanga or facial massage has been an Indic selfcare practice for thousands of years. It works by toning the facial muscles, skin and lymphatics to improve blood circulation. This brings forth a natural glow, sculpts the face, reduces double chin, calms the mind and repairs the skin barrier. It also works to shape the jawline, reduce face puffiness, improve skin texture and lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Always remember to use a facial serum like the Kumkumadi Tailam or face cream like the Kesara Saffron Toning Cream to reduce friction between your fingers/face tool and the skin.These facial exercises have become a popular trend these days because they are the most natural (and free) way to achieve a toned face and glowing skin. They soften and relax the face muscles, which relieves tension and stress. The copper Gua Sha from Anahata is an excellent face tool for enhanced benefits. Let’s understand the correct steps of performing facial exercises to enjoy these benefits.
- Make sure to clean your hands and face before performing Mukha Abhyanga. Wash with plain cold water.
- Use a face serum like the Kumkumadi Tailam(for skin radiance) or the Kesara Serum (anti-pigmentation). You can also use Rose aloe gel, Saffron cream or rose cream. Apply all over the face and neck.
- If you are using a Gua Sha or face tool, clean that before using.
Face exercises for under eye puffiness
- Place your ring finger at the center of your brows.
- Now, start tapping your finger towards the outer of your brows.
- Keep your finger pressed into the temple for 10-20 seconds.
- Move above your cheekbones, then to the inner corner of your eyes.
- Continue tapping in these areas for 30 seconds.
- Apply rose aloe gel under the eyes.
- Use your Gua Sha short side from the inner corner of the under eye in the outward direction.
- Repeat 5 times on each eye.
- Wash the face with cold water after. Icing is even better.
Face exercises for reducing double chin
- Make a fist and keep it under your chin.
- Now, place your elbow on a table.
- Start pressing your fist upward while you try opening your jaw.
- Hold this position for 6-8 minutes.
- Repeat this exercise 5-10 times.
- Apply the saffron cream over the jaw and neck
- Use the gua sha groove or your ring finger & middle finger knuckles.
- Press and move from your chin to the ear.
- Repeat this 5 times on each side
Face massage for skin tightening & sagging skin
- Start with tilting your head back a little.
- Place your fingers on the neck.
- Apply gentle pressure while moving your fingers down to your collarbone.
- Now press your collarbone for a few seconds.
- Continue this exercise for 30 seconds.
- Apply the Kesara 24K gold serum all over the face
- Use the Gua Sha's long side and move over the face and neck in an upward direction.
- Continue this for 10 minutes
Face exercises for jawline sculpting
- Apply Kumkumadi Tailam all over the face and neck.
- Using the gua sha groove, massage from chin to the ear.
- Using the short side, massage under the eye from the nose to the ear.
- Using the long side, massage below the cheekbone, from the nose to the ear.
- Repeat this 5 times on each side.
Face exercises for strained eyes
- Press the inner corner of your eyes using a finger for 30 seconds.
- Keep your finger at the same spot and circle it gently in one direction.
- Do this for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same exercise in the opposite direction.
It is recommended to practice Mukha Abhyanga 3 times a week with a face oil. Daily practice shows visible results in a month, with the skin becoming firmer, brighter and plumper. It is highly beneficial to steam the face before doing this exercise to invite the goodness of the face oils into your skin. Mukha Abhyanga is a part of a series of Abhyanga or self massage rituals mentioned in the Indic sciences. Explore this selfcare practice today and see your skin drastically improve.